Within the context of the inspection and tests of buildings, Quality means rendering the services appropriate to the intended purpose, in accordance with the specifications, at a reasonable price and within the agreed delay.
The planning and execution of inspections and tests in buildings are complex activities, that cannot be satisfactorily executed without a well defined quality policy.
To consistently meet quality objectives, Oz has a quality management system in accordance with the ISO 9000 standards. Quality management of inspection and tests is based, in particular, on the existence of the following:
- A specialised technical department of suitably trained staff, with the right profile, at all company hierarchy levels, and a clear definition of responsibilities and of authority;
- A clear definition of each particular case’s objectives and a quality plan;
- A suitable selection of the techniques to be used;
- Traceability of the rendered services (what was done, how, by whom, when, where and why);
- Execution of the work under controlled conditions;
- Adequate control of the inspection and testing equipment and of the implementation of calibration plans;
- A control of non-compliances, including complaints, and implementation of the respective corrective actions;
- A record of all information relevant to quality and adequate control of documents and data;
- A periodic review and evaluation of the conditions and efficiency of the quality system;
- Follow-up of each project after its conclusion and control of its design.